Payment Specialist I, Claims Payment Services - #99747
Date: 04/19/2022 12:00 PM
City: Dover, New Hampshire
Salary: $1,779 - $2,668 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Work Arrangement: Hybrid/Home
Relocation assistance:: is not available for this opportunity
Pay Range: $17.79 - $26.68
Bonus Potential: 5%
Requisition #: 68702
The Role at a Glance
We are excited to bring on Payment Specialist I in our Payment Services team to join our Group Protection Shared Services Team supporting Workplace Solutions in our Phoenix, AZ; Atlanta, GA; Dover, NH; or Charlotte, NC offices
The Group Protection Operations Team will help you grow your group benefits knowledge and establish strong partnerships (internally/externally) while working in this fast-paced environment
As a Payment Specialist I, you will be responsible for supporting our claims organization by calculating and issuing short and/or long-term disability payments, using various excel calculation tools, knowledge of policy/contract provisions, benefit offset options, and work earnings. This opportunity will provide the ability to grow within the group insurance industry while gaining new skills and building strong working relationships. If this sounds like a role for you, please read on!
What you’ll be doing
- You will establish increasingly complex payments in system, document claims accurately and comprehensively, and update/maintain payment tracking system with key dates and outcomes.
- You will partner with internal and external areas to achieve financial accuracy and stability for our claimants, using contracts, state guidelines, and various other income earnings. In addition, you will communicate via email or by phone with employers, claims specialists, and/or claimants to gain financial data and other information needed to determine and calculate benefits.
- You will gather and review information needed for decisions from multiple sources, including claim case managers, claimants, vendors and customer contacts.
- You will work independently, in accordance with established procedures and guidelines, in a timely manner and meets deadlines appropriate around service level agreements and performance guarantees. In addition, you will make routine & non-routine decisions, applying limited but increasingly more discretion within role except for matters of significance which affect the business as a whole or a significant part of it, in accordance with established procedures & guidelines
- You will apply expanded knowledge obtained from the role in increasingly more complex situations and continues to acquire more knowledge to apply in role.
- You will establish follow-up tasks for claims examiners that require ongoing payment adjustments or oversight. In addition, you will identify and act upon claims with potential for benefit offset based on other income sources.
- You will adhere to financial controls under Sarbanes-Oxley, corporate compliance, and GAAP.
What we’re looking for
Must-have experience (Required):
- High School diploma or GED.
- 2 - 3 Years of progressive experience in a financial services environment, such as payroll services, directly aligned to the specific responsibilities for this position (Required)
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal/written).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
Nice-to have Experience (Preferred):
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment with the ability to adapt as needed.
- Ability to work in various excel documents with a high comfort level of mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, averages and/or variances.
- Ability to articulate/alter provisions – comfortable with contract language.
What’s it like to work here?
At Lincoln Financial Group, we love what we do. We make meaningful contributions each and every day to empower our customers to take charge of their lives. Working alongside dedicated and talented colleagues, we build fulfilling careers and stronger communities through a company that values our unique perspectives, insights and contributions and invests in programs that empower each of us to take charge of our own future
What’s in it for YOU:
A clearly defined career framework to help you successfully manage your career
Leadership development and virtual training opportunities
Competitive 401K and employee benefits
Free financial counseling, health coaching and employee assistance program
Tuition assistance program
A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being; offering a remote work environment and flexible work hybrid situations
Effective productivity/technology tools and training
Hybrid/Home : Employees will work from home on average more days per week
Lincoln will evaluate the following when setting the successful candidate's wage rate:
- Prior work or industry experience.
- Education level to the extent education is relevant to the position.
- Unique skills
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 200 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $324 billion in end-of-period account values as of June 30, 2021
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America and Best Employers for Women by
Forbes magazine as well as one of
Newsweek’s Most Responsible Companies, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals
Lincoln is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Lincoln Financial Group is a committed corporate citizen included on major sustainability indices including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America and FTSE4Good. Dedicated to diversity and inclusion, we earned perfect 100 percent scores on the Corporate Equality Index and the Disability Equality Index. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Sign up for email alerts at http://newsroom.lfg.com
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
If you are interested in a career at Lincoln, we encourage you to review our current openings and apply on our website. Lincoln values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews and falsified offer letters
Lincoln will not ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or conduct interviews utilizing video chat rooms. We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Lincoln's fraud team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, Veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See the E-Verify notices
Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify. Ver el E-Verify avisos
Nearest Major Market: Dover
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.