Rehab SLP - PRN - #99748
Rehab America LLC
Date: 04/19/2022 12:00 PM
City: Saltillo, Tennessee
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
About Rehab America
Rehab America offers physical, speech and occupational therapies in partnership with skilled nursing facilities and other healthcare providers. A division of Franklin, Tennessee-based American Health Partners Inc., Rehab America’s therapists employ a team-based approach to help adults recover functional abilities and independence after surgery, injury or medical crisis. To learn more, visit RehabAmericaInc.com.
The Staff Speech-Language Pathologist is responsible for the assessment and treatment of patients demonstrating a need for swallowing or speech-language intervention. The staff SLP acts as a resource person to other program staff and to the facility related area of speech- language pathology. The staff SLP participates in the overall program of the facility, if appropriate. The staff SLP is under the direct supervision of the Regional Administrator.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation; including but not limited to:
- Conducts Speech-Language Pathology comprehensive assessment to determine the patient’s level of function in areas including speech, language, cognition, and swallowing
- Establishes and carries out individualized treatment plans upon completion of comprehensive assessment phase
- Participates in patient care conferences and family conferences as scheduled through the Program Supervisor
- Provides input and assists in implementation of program development on an ongoing basis.
- Participates in facility in-service training as appropriate
- Maintains professional license and other credentials as required (TB test, Physical)
- Must be able to develop, implement, and alter treatment programs based on the results of the evaluation and patient’s response to treatment
- Must be able to supervise others in direct and indirect patient care
Required Work Experience:
- Must have a working knowledge of theory and treatment techniques of the practice of Speech-Language Pathology in general
- Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology
- CFY Position: Must have a CFY Supervisor within the company. Must have a master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited college or university. In addition, as per Medicare Regulation 405.1715j: (1) Is eligible for a Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Pathology granted by the America Speech-Language-Hearing Association under its requirements in effect on January 17, 1974; or (2) meets the educational requirements for certification and is in the process of accumulating the supervised clinical experience required for certification.
- Must hold the Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Current CPR Certification
- Current State of Tennessee Driver’s license
- Current Auto liability Insurance according to Company Policy
- Job will require frequent lifting of objects up to 40 pounds
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Our Organization does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic(s) protected by federal, state, and local laws. The Organization will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities should a request for an accommodation be made.
- 1 year(s): Geriatric
- Masters or better
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- Automobile Insurance
- Driver License
- CPR Certification
- Speech Language Pathology
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.