Lead Full-Stack Software Engineer - #99758
Date: 04/19/2022 12:00 PM
City: Reston, Virginia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
We are looking to build our team of interested candidates with experience in Full-Stack Java development and invite you to share your information with us. Let us know if you would be interested in working on our high-performing teams and help build modern solutions impacting the multitrillion dollar mortgage industry.
As a valued colleague on our team, you will act as a team lead in the designing, producing, testing, or implementing software, technology, or processes, as well as lead processes for creating and maintaining IT architecture, large scale data stores, and cloud-based systems.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
Our Integrated Technology Solutions (ITS) team is looking for a Lead Full-Stack Software Engineer to help develop and support our mission critical applications. These applications support some of the most important financial activities happening at Fannie Mae today (a critical element in the national economy). Additionally, you will be a part of an on-going effort to modernize our platforms across ITS as we work in an agile and collaborative manner.
We are looking for highly motivated engineers who want to solve tough technical challenges and learn and incorporate new technologies into their skillset. In this role, you would use a tech stack including Java, Spring Boot, and Microservices-based architecture in AWS. You will be engaged to create and modify platforms and products in a collaborative and Agile environment. You will play a lead technical role in development teams' efforts to assess high level development and design issues relating to platforms, enterprise software, and interactions with other systems as well as participate in architecture and design sessions. You will also independently determine the needs of the customer while identifying and resolving conflicting or complementary needs across customer groups.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- 4+ years of experience leading a team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Expertise in developing applications and services using languages such as Java including coding, debugging, and using Java related technologies
- Experience using software and computer systems' architectural principles to integrate enterprise computer applications
- Skilled in use of AWS technologies for building, deploying applications and operating applications
- Proficiency with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (Jenkins, Go) Experience with build tools (Gradle, Maven, Nexus, etc.)
- Ability to leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Experience working in Agile methodology and lead the design and provide solutions for complex business problems
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining consistency of a product's performance and functional attributes with its requirements, design, and operational information
- Working with people with different functional expertise respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal
- Skilled in Influencing others within and across teams, including negotiating, persuading others, facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict
- Expert proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions
- Expert proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc.
- Experience in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques
- Provide expertise for teams in all matters related to deployment, building and release process
- Experience in coaching and guiding others in the team to drive engineering culture.
- Experience with front-end technologies such as Angular, TypeScript, ReactJS and related technologies
- Experience with implementing integration solutions with Microservices, RESTful Web Services and Web APIs
- Knowledge or experience in basic DevOps support and deployment including Docker, Kubernetes, CICD, etc.
- Knowledge of Microservices-based architecture
Job REF ID: REF2651W
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at [email protected]
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.