Technician, Cylinder Sorter - #99772
The Linde Group
Date: 04/19/2022 12:00 PM
City: Morrisville, Pennsylvania
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Technician, Cylinder Sorter
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde’s industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.lindeus.com.
Linde Gas & Equipment, Inc. is seeking a Cylinder Sorter to join our team located in Fairless Hills, PA. We provide a comprehensive benefit plan, paid time off and a $1,000 sign-on bonus after 90 days.
The Cylinder Sorter will be responsible for the identification, sorting, classification, palletizing, inspection, and cursory testing of all cylinders.
Cylinder Sorter 1st shift
- Sorts cylinders for fill or rehab work
- Inspects cylinders for DOT information, retest date, valve type, valve damage, dents, burn marks, and other damage
- Blows down all industrial cylinders
- Safely palletizes cylinders and ensures proper number of cylinders per pallet
- Transfers cylinder pallets to correct storage areas
- Tags cylinders for tracking
- Identifies and tags all cylinders in need of rehab work
- Safely operates forklifts and hand jacks to move cylinder pallets
- Receives, labels, and moves new cylinders
- Assists with warehouse operations by loading and unloading ½ ton containers, vendor fill, and COC cylinders
- Performs basic cylinder maintenance such as painting cylinders, labeling cylinders, and cleaning of work area
Completes all job requirements in a manner that is consistent with company’s Policies and Procedures, including POIS and all Safety Procedures
- High School Degree/GED is required
- Must be able to safely operate a forklift truck and hand jack
- 1+ yrs. experience in plant or manufacturing environment preferred
- Strong mechanical background desired
- Qualified candidate must possess good leadership, problem solving, communication, and organizational skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Primary Location Pennsylvania-Morrisville
Unposting Date Ongoing
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.