Technologist Data Engineer - #99788
Date: 04/19/2022 12:00 PM
City: Milpitas, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
We are looking for a Data Engineer who will work with our Quality Analytics and component teams to to define, implement, and operate systems and processes to accelerate data collection and visualization to deliver Analytics on the operation and usage of our Products.
At Western Digital, we're architecting how data enables the world to solve its biggest challenges, and that includes our own challenges! Users seek continuous improvements in the products & services they depend on, and we're building the infrastructure to enable our Software Engineering teams to meet this challenge. Through analytical data science, we seek to provide feedback on past efforts and to provide valuable insights to direct future efforts.
The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products.
- Design, implement, monitor, and support the data collection and processing pipelines (ETL) to support Quality Analytics for our existing and future product development.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements such as automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, and redesigning infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to identify and document additional pipeline & processing needs.
- Build a system that provides it own Quality Analytics to provide metrics on service operation.
- Deploy sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning, and statistical methods.
- 5+ years working as Data Engineer focusing on Quality and Product Analytics.
- 5+ years working as a Cloud Software Engineer focused on scalable, cost-effective implementations, preferably with deployment/operation experience on AWS.
- Past delivery of ETL or data processing pipelines for a "product improvement" analytics program.
- Experience with a single product through all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams in multiple time zones.
- Collegiate Degree (Bachelor's or higher) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar degree with ork experience in cloud software development.
- Experience collaborating with Software Engineering teams using Agile development methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience with machine learning and statistical methods in an ETL pipeline is a nice to have
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" poster.
Compensation & Benefits Details
- An employee’s pay position within the salary range may be based on several factors including but not limited to (1) relevant education; qualifications; certifications; and experience; (2) skills, ability, knowledge of the job; (3) performance, contribution and results; (4) geographic location; (5) shift; (6) internal and external equity; and (7) business and organizational needs.
- The salary range is what we believe to be the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado or remote jobs that can be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future.
- You will also be eligible to participate in Western Digital's Short-Term Incentive (STI) Plan and to receive equity awards under our annual Long-Term Incentive (LTI) program, which consists of restricted stock units (RSUs), pursuant to the terms of these programs. RSU awards are also available to eligible new hires, subject to Western Digital’s Standard Terms and Conditions for Restricted Stock Unit Awards.
- We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid vacation time; paid sick leave; medical/dental/vision insurance; life, accident and disability insurance; tax-advantaged flexible spending and health savings accounts; employee assistance program; other voluntary benefit programs such as supplemental life and AD&D, legal plan, pet insurance, critical illness, accident and hospital indemnity; tuition reimbursement; transit; the Virgin Pulse Program; the Applause Program, employee stock purchase plan, and the Western Digital Savings 401(k) Plan.
- Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.