Clinical Secretary (Full Time), Pediatrics - #99790
D-H Medical Center
Date: 04/19/2022 12:30 PM
City: South Woodstock, Vermont
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Reviews, processes, and tracks all referrals for services delivered by providers. Schedules appointments, tests or procedures, responds to patient calls, provides instruction/support to staff for communicating with patients and may act as liaison between physicians & specialists outside of D-H.
1. Responds to patient calls providing general information and education.
2. Greets patients arriving for appointments, provides appropriate questionnaire(s), answer questions and assists patients with completion of forms and use of technology, acknowledges any delays and keeps patient updated.
3. Assesses needs of patients without appointments and processes requests for prescriptions, forms, appointments or need to speak directly to clinical support.
4. Reviews schedules daily for accuracy in scheduling, needed ancillaries and incoming records and makes adjustments as needed. Reviews wait list, manages multiple e-DH worklists and reschedules patients to assure schedules are fully booked and patients’ needs are met.
5. Completes any follow up needs for patients as directed by the After Visit Summary (i.e., booking appointments, scheduling lab and radiology exams or arranging for any external procedures).
6. Receives incoming phone calls from providers, other staff or external provider offices and patients. Appropriately assesses the needs of the caller and processes requests, takes messages, schedules appointments or transfers the call.
7. Monitors and completes system messages in a timely manner to meet patients’ needs. Monitors incoming faxes regularly and reviews each to determine the proper course of action in a timely manner.
8. Completes Authorizations and Pre Certifications for all external and stat procedures to ensure patients receive services in a timely manner and insurance is notified of the need for services.
9. Reviews all provider schedules at the end of day to identify and contact those patients who require follow up and processes letters to no shows in accordance with current policy.
10. Supports providers and staff in addressing patient questions/concerns. Provides instruction/support to providers and staff on communicating with patients regarding these questions or concerns.
11. Monitors the waiting room for patients in distress and seeks assistance when needed. Responds to minor patient concerns and complaints using service recovery tactics. Reports all concerns and complaints to supervisor/manager.
12. Manages multiple in-baskets by monitoring, prioritizing and properly routing the messages. Completes tasks as assigned by providers or clinical staff.
13. Acts as liaison between primary care physicians & specialists outside DH.
14. Monitors referral work queues for internal and external referrals. Processes new referrals according to established procedures and tracks queue status to insure that referrals are completed.
15. Implements and monitors DH policies and procedures. Participates in initiatives to improve the referral management process.
16. Delivers mail to mail room and picks up mail to be distributed within department on a daily basis, completes monthly tracers and weekly BCA (Business Continuity Application) system checks.
17. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
✔ High school graduate or equivalent with 1 year experience in provider office.
✔ Knowledge of insurance benefit programs and medical terminology.
✔ Ability to effectively interact with providers, staff, patients and insurance plan representatives a must.
✔ Able to prioritize multiple tasks.
✔ Must have prior computer experience, excellent communication skills, and attention to detail.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
- Department: Pediatrics: D-H Lebanon-D-H Clinic
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day
- Order ID: 220001EV
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.