DOT Technical Services Section Chief - Career Executive - #99791
State of Wisconsin
Date: 04/19/2022 12:30 PM
City: Superior, Wisconsin
Salary: $87,360 - $99,632 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (DOT) is seeking a Technical Services Section Chief for the Division of Transportation System Development (DTSD), Northwest Region. Utilize your leadership skills to help in the development of Wisconsin roadways. This full time Career Executive position will be headquartered at the DOT DTSD office in Superior, WI.
WisDOT is a great place to work! In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, we offer a competitive benefits package featuring:
- Substantial leave time including at least 3.5 weeks of vacation to start, 9 paid holidays, and ample accrued sick time that rolls over each year.
- Excellent and affordable health, vision, and dental benefits ( health plan options start at just $36/month for single plans and $89/month for family plans after two months of employment)
- A casual office atmosphere, flexible work schedules, and telework options depending on the position’s requirements
- An exceptional pension plan with employer match and lifetime retirement payment, plus an optional tax advantaged 457 retirement savings plan
- Well Wisconsin Wellness Program
- A free and confidential employee assistance program that offers employees and their immediate family dependents a variety of tools, resources, and professional consultation services to support their health, goals, and overall well-being
In addition to our generous employee benefits, we strive for inclusivity and celebrate different religious holidays and cultural observances and provide flexibility for utilizing paid time off for such celebrations. For more information on WisDOT you can visit our website by clicking here .
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is an organization dedicated to creating transportation solutions through innovation and exceptional service. We are committed to fostering an environment rooted in Integrity, Diversity, Excellence, and Accountability . Click here to learn more about how we apply these values in our work.
As a member of the Regional Management Team, this position will perform highly responsible administrative and managerial functions in the development, implementation and evaluation of important and complex policy, budgetary and organizational components of the department’s transportation engineering and related programs. Manage the delivery of Technical Services to other regional sections. Management of the Section includes responsibility for Real Estate, Environmental Programs, Materials, Engineering Automation, Geotechnical/Pavements, Right-of-way Plat preparation, Survey/Mapping, and Utilities/Railroads.
This position has managerial responsibility for program management planning, policy development and implementation; and exercises line responsibility for program management, as well as employee supervision.
This position is in schedule-range 81-02 with an annual salary of $87,360-$99,632, plus excellent benefits. A 2 year career executive trial period is required. Pay for current state employees will be set in accordance with the Wisconsin State Compensation Plan.
This position will require regular independent travel between the two Northwest Region DTSD offices within Wisconsin.
WisDOT does not sponsor work visas. Any appointment made will be contingent on the applicant being able to prove valid status to work in the United States.
Prior to any appointments for position(s) filled from this announcement, candidates may be subject to a comprehensive criminal background check which may include FBI fingerprinting.
Certain positions within this Department may allow remote/work from home flexibility for a portion of their work schedule, depending on the needs of the position and the work unit. This topic and any remote work flexibility that may be available will be discussed in more detail in the interview process. For positions that do allow remote work flexibility, although residency in the State of WI is not required for permanent positions, it is not anticipated that working outside of WI or bordering cities will be allowed as positions may at times need to report to office locations in WI on short notice.
All state employees are required to report their COVID vaccination status, whether vaccinated or not, and must provide supporting documentation if vaccinated. Newly hired employees will be required to submit this information within their first two weeks of employment.
Qualified applicants will have experience with all the following:
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with transportation programs, budgets or projects
- Experience collaborating with a diverse group of stakeholders including external and internal parties (stakeholders may include a division, bureau, partner agency, the public, media, etc.)
- Experience leading a team of professional staff in formal or informal capacity
In addition to having all the above, well qualified applicants will have experience with one or more of the following:
- Experience leading strategic initiatives
- Experience leading a technical team in issue resolution
- Experience facilitating and gaining consensus with senior management and/or the legislature to implement a project or program
How To Apply
Apply online! To apply, click “Apply for Job” to start the application process. Then, you will access your existing account or to create a new account if you don’t have an account. Once you are logged in, click “Apply for Job.” Follow the steps outlined in the application process and submit your application.
Your application materials are very important parts of your application and are used during our evaluation process to determine your qualifications as they relate to the job. For instructions on how to develop and what should be included in these materials, click here. For more information on the basics of the selection process and how the State of WI ensures fair and equitable treatment of all applicants, click here. The vast majority of applicants are able to outline their background and experience in their resume in 1-3 pages. Any resumes submitted with more than 10 pages will not be considered after page 10. If this job posting requires a letter of qualifications, the same limit applies.
Current Wisconsin state employees with Career Executive status need only apply with a resume and letter of qualifications submitted directly to Sonam Lhanze at Sonam1.email@example.com.
Submitted materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the hiring process for available vacancies. Questions can be directed to Sonam Lhanze at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-264-7230.
Deadline to Apply
Applications are due by 11:59 p.m CST. on Tuesday, May 3rd 2022.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.