Quality Assurance Manager - #99792
James Avery Craftsman Inc
Date: 04/19/2022 12:30 PM
City: Comfort, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Oversee and manage activities of the quality assurance department. Develop standards and processes that ensure that our products consistently meet James Avery and customer expectations. Support manufacturing product delivery through improvement of quality management system. Regularly develop, review, update, and strengthen company quality practices, standards, reporting, and validation protocols. Establish and execute effective audits and improvements to ensure product safety, quality, and reliability. Collaborate cross-functionally on identifying solutions and implementing corrective actions for quality improvements. Consistently maintain effective communication between manufacturing, supply chain, marketing, retail, and wholesale on quality performance and improvement initiatives.
- Manage responsibilities and priorities in quality assurance department.
- Develop processes that ensure products adhere to company and industry quality standards. Where needed, develop quality standards consistent for a low volume, high mix, aesthetic product offering.
- Work collaboratively with all functions to improve quality management system.
- Create necessary documentation for manufacturing quality audits, organize and conduct audits in collaboration with plant management, report to plant management and manufacturing leadership, and maintain appropriate records. Periodically review and update quality management system manual.
- Facilitate monthly quality meetings and executive quality calls when appropriate.
- Evaluate and issue quality notifications for production holds and stock checks.
- Identify and implement best quality practices for launching new products.
- Establish processes in support of specific customer licensing agreements, maintain records, and serve as point of contact for audits.
- Develop effective administrative and procedural quality audits and inspections.
- Design, implement and execute practical audits in collaboration with plant management.
- Identify gaps and develop collaborative solutions to address quality needs, which involve a blend of objective and sometimes more subjective elements.
- Evaluate customer returns related to safety, quality, and reliability.
- Manage and improve the quality inquiry system, ensuring timeliness and accuracy of data.
- Communicate performance findings to teams and provide periodic updates to leadership on quality metric and key quality improvement initiatives with practical approach to quality.
- Define and implement training needs for sustained quality.
- Provide ownership for quality metrics and reporting. Revise metrics to ensure relevancy and ensure data accuracy.
- Establish quality standards suitable for a low volume, high mix business with frequent new product launches.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of experience in quality assurance or similar role.
- 3 years of leadership experience within quality assurance or similar role.
- Strong understanding and experience with quality management systems to ensure quality, audit data, improve processes and recommend enhancements.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in statistical analysis performing periodic reviews, audits, trend analysis, and identifying quality management performance and potential issues.
- Knowledge of manufacturing procedures and processes.
- Great attention to details, strong problem-solving skills, and analytical skills.
- Effective planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work and communicate efficiently in a cross-functional team environment; strong interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced computer and Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Ability to travel weekly to other offsite work locations.
- Professional quality assurance certifications.
- Experience with quality standards involving subjective elements such as aesthetic elements.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.