Summer Food - #99811
Marion City School District
Date: 04/19/2022 13:00 PM
City: Marion, Ohio
Salary: $11 / hour
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
MARION CITY SCHOOLS
April 18, 2022
ANNOUNCEMENT OF VACANCIES
Anticipated Openings for the summer of 2022
Summer Food Service Programs
The first day of work will be Tuesday, May 31st and the first site meal serving day will be Monday, June 6. The program will run May 31st – July 28th.
Tentative work schedule: Monday – Thursday
8am-1pm or 9am-2pm, depending on your job assignments.
Five hours per day
Schedule and hours subject to change
A Mandatory training session will be held on Wednesday, May 11th from 4:00 to 6:00 pm at the District Service Center 2nd Floor, Harding Conference Room,
located at 100 Executive Drive. Attendance is required
Delivery drivers (no CDL required) $13 per hour
Cook $11 per hour
Site Supervisor $13 per hour
Sub (driver or cook) $11 per hour
JOB ASSIGNMENTS: They will consist of food preparation, packing, loading, delivery, recording and/or serving meals to children at one or two different sites throughout the school district. Those interested in driving delivery vehicles must have a valid Ohio driver’s license and good driving record. All positions and times are subject to change based on number of meals served and inclement weather. Some sites may require use of your personal vehicle to transport food. Everyone operating/working at meal serving sites will be required to have their own transportation to and from those sites. Mileage reimbursement will be given at the end of the summer.
AGE REQUIREMENT: You must be at least 14 years old to apply. Ohio Child Labor Standards for Children under 16 will only allow 3 days of work per week and a total of 18 hours per week. If you are under the age of 18, you must provide consent to work from your parent or guardian. This consent should include a verification of your age. A standard form will be available if you are offered a position. This form must be completed and returned along with fingerprints before starting work. College Students and Students that participate in extracurricular activities during the summer should be prepared to provide a schedule at the time of interview to prevent any conflicts.
You must be capable of lifting up to 40 pounds repeatedly and standing for five hours
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the safety of students
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Exhibit professional behavior, emotional stability and sound judgment
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships
- Interacts in a positive manner with staff, students and parents
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Promote good public relations by personal appearance, attitude and conversation
Note: The above lists are not ranked in order of importance
This job description identifies primary responsibilities and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and activities. This job description is subject to change in response to student demographics, staffing factors, funding variables, modified operating procedures, program/curriculum changes as directed by the Superintendent of Marion City Schools.
Please be prepared to provide information for any requested days and/or time off you will need during the summer, at your interview
- Each staff member shall remain free of any illegal drugs, alcohol or non-prescribed controlled substances in the workplace throughout his/her employment with the District.
- Each staff member shall serve as a positive role model figure for students. Each staff member has a responsibility to help instill in students the belief in and practice of ethical principles and democratic values.
- All staff will receive training in civil rights, health department standards in preparation, serving, handling, and storing of food, reporting meal counts and other program related requirements and must be able to lift up to 40 pounds. All fingerprint requirements must be up to date. If you need to be fingerprinted and you cannot be employed until they are cleared.
How to Apply: Internal/External
If you are interested in being considered for this position and feel you are qualified, you must apply online at www.marioncityschools.org prior to 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 13, 2022, or until filled. Click here to apply and use Summer Food to Apply. If you have any questions please contact Donnie Strong via email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Board/Administration has the sole discretion to determine qualifications of all candidates based upon posted qualifications, which will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to competently do the job 4. Job skills and knowledge
- Attendance 5. Work ethic
- People skills 6. Can the person do the essential functions Experience required of the job?
The above qualification criteria may be determined via personnel file (if available), past evaluations (if available), administration/supervisor input, reference checks, testing (if required for position), interview process, and any other methods deemed appropriate by the employer.
MARION CITY SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of the Marion City Schools Board of Education that the best qualified applicant shall be selected for each position without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, political affiliation, disabling or military status. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any impairment which is unrelated to the ability to participate in activities involved in the position or program for which application has been made.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.