MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN - #99841
Date: 04/19/2022 13:30 PM
City: Clay, Kentucky
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Performs clinical laboratory tests according to established procedures of verification, processing, testing, and reporting
- Performs quality control procedures to validate test results according to established standards and records results appropriately.
- Assists in delivery of physicians reports via phone and electronic distribution in a timely manner.
- Responds to ''technical question'' calls from units and physicians.
- Performs preventive maintenance and monitoring of all equipment to ensure that it is working properly and maintains related records.
- Records on instrument logs any repairs, replacement, and maintenance needed of equipment.
- Maintains adequate supply inventories by rotating stock, checking for expiration dates, and ordering replacement stock.
- Performs venipuncture on patients of all age groups and other specimen collection using proper therapeutic skills according to procedures.
- Assists supervisors in additional duties which support the lab's quality program.
- Provides teaching and education to students and other personnel population.
- Associate's degree or higher in Science required upon hire OR
- Associate's degree or higher in related field required upon hire
- A combination of education, training and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- No experience required
- MLT - Certified Medical Laboratory Technician through American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) required within 3 months of employment in this position OR
- MLT - Certified Medical Laboratory Technician through American Medical Technologists (AMT) required within 3 months of employment in this position
- Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Ability to meet requirements for "High Complexity Testing Personnel" per the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA).
- Standing: Frequently
- Walking: Frequently
- Sitting: Occasionally
- Lifting 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Occasionally
- Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Occasionally
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Bending/Stooping: Frequently
- Kneeling: Occasionally
- Crouching/Crawling: Occasionally
- Reaching: Frequently
- Talking: Frequently
- Hearing: Frequently
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Rarely
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Frequently
- Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
- Running: Rarely
- Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Near: Frequently
INTEGRITY - We conduct ourselves with a high level of responsibility, reliability and honesty because we take seriously the trust of our patients and coworkers.
RESPECT - We value and accept the unique talents and contributions of every patient, customer and team member in the Owensboro Health community.
TEAMWORK - We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by striving together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate accomplishments and plan the future.
INNOVATION - We foster original ideas and creative solutions that improve our daily work and promote the mission of Owensboro Health.
SERVICE - We focus on service to patients, customers and team members by anticipating their needs, thoughtfully meeting those needs and continually improving the quality of everything we do.
EXCELLENCE - We reach beyond basic expectations to expand our knowledge and awareness, produce exceptional work and provide outstanding service.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.