Machine (Sheeter/Stacker) Operator - Night Shift - #99859
Date: 04/19/2022 13:30 PM
City: Wilson, North Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
*SIGN-ON BONUS $1500*
At SWM, Essential isn’t just what we make. It’s what we do.
From accessory materials for face shields and medical devices, to protective helmets for hospital workers, law enforcement and military, to support layers for filtration and applications for clean drinking water – and much more, we are proud to serve customers who make a world of difference in the markets they operate in and the products they improve. You can learn more about us at www.swmintl.com.
What You’ll Do/Primary Responsibilities:
Read and understand schedule, bill of material, and standard operating conditions (SOC).
- Be able to perform all functions of the set up including:
- Selecting bill of material raw materials from the warehouse.
- Program machine to desired length using operator control interface of programmable logic controller.
- Configure final package as per standard operating conditions by strapping pallet and arranging slip sheets in place.
- Troubleshoot for Jams, walking of net, etc.
Position all controls to standard operating conditions.
- Initiate run sequence
- Test initial net per standard operation conditions.
- Make necessary adjustments
- Verify netting meets Specifications by measuring the net physical dimensions with ruler and verifying the measurements meet listed values on the standard operating conditions.
- Run Production
- Label / Package product in accordance with packaging instructions listed on the standard operating conditions.
- Troubleshoot the process
- Perform Quality Control tests as outlined on the Standard Operating Conditions.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment
- Store finished product per instructions
- Validate Process is in control
- Accurately report scrap in data collection system
- Responsible for production performance goals
- Overtime hours as needed to achieve customer requirements
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years’ of work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Certified forklift experience preferred
- Mechanically inclined.
- Basic computer skills including data entry
- Proficient in the use of calipers, micrometers, rulers, scales
- Basic mathematical skills
- Read, write and comprehend English
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds
- Ability to use various strapping equipment safely
- Must be able to distinguish between colors
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job the employee must: Be able to lift or move up to 50 pounds; Regularly required to use hands and stand for longs periods of time. Ability to listen and watch machine for malfunctions.
PPE: Employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment including safety shoes (steel toe or composite toe, safety glasses, protective gloves when performing certain tasks, hearing protection when required, and other personal protective equipment as required for certain tasks
Work environment: While performing this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and loud noise areas
- Competitive weekly pay with the opportunity to advance
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan with company matching
- Holiday Pay
- 120 hours of Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement and on the job training
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position. This is a night shift position.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.