Behavior Technician / Classroom Aide - Mod/Severe - #99879
Date: 04/19/2022 14:00 PM
City: San Ysidro, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Since 2004, Club Xcite has been a leader in providing innovative and quality educational services to children and families. All Club Xcite services have our unique focus on building foundational Executive Functioning skills with a solutions-focused approach to quickly transition students back to independent learning.
Behavioral Aide, Chula Vista Elementary School District
8:30-3:30 Monday-Thursday / 8:45-1:45 on Friday
Billable Payrate: $22-$24 per hour
Behavior Technicians / Aides will provide assistance to the classroom teacher or behavior specialist in the implementation of all program components such as the Clinical Program, Instruction, Special Education Services, hygiene, and Physical Fitness.
ASSIGNED RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Assist the Behavior Specialist with direct observation of students.
2. Gather and collect initial and on-going behavior data, follows provided protocols, and documents collected data pursuant to guidelines and parameters provided.
3. Implement and model a variety of common behavior strategies, including but not limited to:
i. Social skills instruction
ii. Individually targeted skills instruction
iii. Visual schedules
iv. Differential reinforcement
v. Token economy
vi. Prompting hierarchies and behavior shaping Essential Functions
4. If needed assists students with toileting, feeding, grooming, and promoting independence.
5. Assist students to and from busses, pushing wheelchairs when necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in education, psychology, social work, counseling, or a related field
- 2+ years experience working with children/adolescents with behavioral/emotional/social challenges
- Strong personal organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity using online management platforms
- Strong communication in multiple mediums (in-person, email, etc.)
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Valid CA Mandated Reporter Training Certificate of Completion (required before providing client services)
- Compliance with district COVID-19 protocols
- Registered Behavior Technician (preferred)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.