Patient Care Technician Float - West Region Resource Team (CDH, Delnor Hospital, Marianjoy Hospital), Part-time, Days $1,000 Sign-on Bonus - #99882
Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
Date: 04/19/2022 14:00 PM
City: Winfield, Illinois
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Patient Care Technician-Float (PCT) reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The PCT has expertise related to the specific needs for patients in the rehabilitation environment which include chronic conditions and disabilities. The Patient Care Technician is a member of the interdisciplinary rehabilitation care team.
Under the direction/delegation and supervision of a professional registered nurse, the Patient Care Tech assists the patient with activities of daily living, mobility skills, skin, bowel and bladder programs, and maintains a clean, safe environment for the patient. This role possesses additional technical skills, such as de-escalation techniques and 12 lead EKG. The Patient Care Tech role serves as an active participant in the unit quality projects which can include data collection as well as unit equipment inventory and maintenance.
- Performs basic nursing care activities as delegated and supervised by an RN, including monitoring vital signs, taking blood glucose measurements, weights, and recording intake and output.
- Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living, including bathing, grooming and eating.
- Assists patient with application of assistive devices and prosthetics/orthoses according to individual patient program.
- Performs preventive skin care program as directed by RN and report any changes in skin integrity immediately to the nurse.
- Assists patients with transfers and mobility activities utilizing appropriate techniques, precautions and assistive devices.
- Assists patients with bladder and bowel elimination programs including collection of laboratory specimens.
- 12-lead EKG as ordered
- Assists patients with completing menus daily within established timeframes.
- Passes patient meal trays and HS snacks under the direction of the nurse.
- Patient rounding: Circulate on the nursing units to monitor patients.
- Provide de-escalation techniques for agitated and aggressive patient behaviors
- Maintains and organizes unit equipment inventories.
- Reports abnormal findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly.
- Demonstrates flexibility, organization, and multi-tasking. Able to function under stressful situations.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills to successfully demonstrate the ability to prioritize and complete unit work quickly as the needs of the unit, patients and staff change.
- Serves as liaison between patient care units and all other patient related departments.
- Answers telephone, intercom and call lights in a polite manner using appropriate telephone etiquette and communicates information to the appropriate staff/family/patient.
- Manages the overall unit workflow in concert with the charge RN and/or assistant manager, on an as needed basis.
- Performs pre-census and validates daily admission, discharge and census lists, on an as needed basis.
* Internal and rehire candidates less than 1 year are not eligible for sign-on bonus.
- High school diploma, or G.E.D equivalent
- Nursing student who has completed two clinical rotations
- If not a nursing student, need one of the following:
- Certified Nursing Experience
- CPR – Basic Life Support
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing Assistant program
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.