Shipping & Traffic Manager - #99884
Date: 04/19/2022 14:00 PM
City: Evansville, Wisconsin
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Shipping & Traffic Manager oversees all shipping functions and focuses on safety, quality, delivery, efficiency and cost reduction. The Manager supervises loading, material handling, and warehouse staff creating a successful team culture through coaching and mentoring. They are also accountable for various key shipping process indicators.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives
- Manage Compass shipping, scheduling, and delivery
- Report on weekly forecast tons and hours (manpower planning)
- Investigate and correct all quality issues (damages, shortages, & missed deliveries)
- Create process goals and monitor efficiency
- Manage carrier relations at the local level and determine truck capacity needs
- Mentor new hires and employee department transfers
- Maintain employee work schedules in payroll system (eTime)
- Planning and making work assignments, training new associates and contract workers,
- Coaching to improve performance deficiencies and recognizing exceptional performance and
- Driving results in terms of safety, quality and productivity.
- Communicate and ensure compliance with company policies, guidelines and expectations.
- Support and comply with BBNA diversity initiatives by encouraging and championing selection and development of diverse candidates.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 5 years of shipping or manufacturing experience
• 3 years of experience in a leadership position
• College degree
• Shipping Experience
• Budget management background
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.