Senior Director, Product Marketing - #99885
Date: 04/19/2022 14:00 PM
City: South Jordan, Utah
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Nearmap is unique. A global technology company with incredible people; a market-leader with energy and spirit. Nearmap was named as one of the world’s 10 Most Innovative Companies of 2020 by Fast Company magazine – and we’re growing.
What we do
We provide easy, instant access to high-resolution aerial imagery, city-scale 3D content, AI datasets and integrated geospatial tools, with wide-scale coverage across the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. At the core of it, we’re a location content company, a visual analytics company, and a software as a service company. Innovation is weaved into our DNA.
Reporting to the VP of Product, this is a strategic, high-impact, senior leadership role that owns product marketing functions – from market and competitive research, product opportunities, customer development, positioning & messaging, value proposition design, to coordinating product launches across all of Nearmap’s vertical markets. Your team shapes the voice of the product portfolio in the vertical markets and helps grow a loyal customer base around the world. As the Senior Director of Product Marketing you will drive product marketing excellence across regions in North America, Australia, and New Zealand and across verticals in Insurance, Government, and Commercial. Your team will consist of product marketing professionals with vertical and geographic expertise. You are the conduit between product, corporate and industry marketing, sales and customer success teams. You take pride in your ability to think strategically, yet you can roll up your sleeves to deliver on the details when needed. You will regularly collaborate with cross-functional leaders and teams, and you have the diplomatic skills to manage the balancing act of knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
You will understand our customers, including their personas, how they make their buying decisions, their pain-points and workflows. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with users to empower our products to be successful. Above all, you have the strategic experience and creative chops to help drive a world-class go-to-market approach.
- Team leadership – drive product marketing excellence in the business and continue to coach and mentor your team.
- Oversight of Global GTM strategy and execution - plan the release of new products and features, and oversees the cross-functional implementation and communication plans.
- Market & competitive intelligence – be the expert on our customers (end-users and buyers): who they are, why they buy, how they buy, and their key buying criteria, including market and competitive intelligence of the industry segments we serve.
- Build our knowledge base – ensure that we continue to develop and document our knowledge base - including customer use cases, buying process, and workflows; and champion and share that knowledge with the business.
- Content creation – leverage internal resources to write and develop content that helps the market see the value of our products, and use our products better, including product demonstrations and customer presentations (e.g., tutorial videos, solution briefs, white papers).
- Drive product adoption, revenue and retention – from preparing customer onboarding materials to designing sales training programs, your team always think of ways to improve the holistic customer experience and track product adoptions with stakeholders.
15+ years of product marketing experience, 7+ years as a people manager, 5+ years managing global teams.
- Track record growing a technology company to $1Billion in revenue.
- Experience in B2B, enterprise software or SaaS/Cloud spaces and ready to share and implement best practices on day one.
- Experience working at a geospatial technology company.
- Operating experience in one or more of the following vertical markets: Insurance, Government, AEC, Utilities, telecommunications.
- Experience managing platform product ecosystems.
- Previous experience in product or working with product teams.
- Previous experience doing deep competitive analysis.
- A strong interest in becoming the product expert and brining the voice of the market to the product development and launch process.
- Strong internal communicator and collaborator.
- Uniquely creative, strategic, and operational marketer.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- You can think big and small – while you love to be led by the big-picture, you also know how to execute meticulously on the details.
Some of our benefits
Nearmap takes a holistic approach to our employees’ emotional, physical and financial wellness. Our current benefits include access to the Nearmap employee share scheme, short and long-term financial incentives, flexible working options, paid volunteer days, gym and phone rebates, and lots of development opportunities including hack-a-thons and pitch-fests.
Working at Nearmap
We move fast and work smart; often wearing multiple hats. We adapted to remote working with ease and are continually looking at ways to improve. We’re proud of our inclusive, supportive culture, and maintain a safe environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging and can be themselves.
If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.
At Nearmap we welcome and encourage our employees’ uniqueness at all levels across the organization, as such we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or give us a call at 844-463-2762.
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.