Optometric Tech - Doctor's Receptionist - #99890
Date: 04/19/2022 14:00 PM
City: Port Charlotte, Florida
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Eyeglass World is part of National Vision, one of the largest and fastest-growing optical retailers in the United States. Eyeglass World has over 100 locations across the United States and offers eye exams, contact lenses, eyeglasses, sunglasses and protective eyewear. The brand keeps customers happy with affordable prices and same-day service via in-store labs.
For more details about Eyeglass Word, visit EyeglassWorld.com.
At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
The optometric technician is key for keeping patient flow efficient, assisting the optometrist by conducting pre-screenings and testing prior to the Doctor’s examination. The valuable vision tests they conduct help the optometrist provide the best care possible. This position does not require optical experience or certification, training provided!
What would you do? – The Specifics
- Ensures high quality patient care.
- Maintains a professional atmosphere and appearance of doctor’s office and pretest room.
- Understands ocular terminology and diseases and knows the ocular abbreviations.
- Explains to the patient the types of preliminary examinations.
- Completes necessary paperwork and performs testing on patients prior to doctor examination.
- Promotes visual field testing and retinal screenings to eligible patients.
- Performs exam pre-screening.
- Reviews prescriptions and/or patient information carefully and identifies special needs. Consults with the optician, Doctor or Retail Management when necessary.
- Fills out referral forms and follow-up paperwork as required.
- Maintains accurate and organized patient records.
- Ensures equipment, both Doctor’s and pre-test, is properly maintained.
- Orders and maintains supplies and pharmaceuticals as directed.
- Follows all store and corporate policies and procedures.
- Participates in regularly scheduled mandatory communications meetings in order to keep informed of changes in corporate policies and initiatives.
Are you the right fit? – The Suitable Talent
- Previous retail/optical experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to learn optical knowledge.
- Able to give instruction in a clear and concise manner to customers.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Multitasking and time-management skills.
Taking care of our people
We understand the importance of financial health and security, and because of that, we provide competitive compensation to all Associates – including bonus potential for every position in the store! We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401k retirement savings with company match, flex spending account, paid personal time off, paid company holidays, parental leave, employee eyewear discount and much, much more. At National Vision, we strive to deliver opportunities for professional growth and long-term career fulfillment. We provide training programs, access to educational courses and pride ourselves on the ever-increasing amount of promotions from within.
Please see our website www.nationalvision.com to learn more.
National Vision is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.