IT Systems Specialist - #99913
Date: 04/19/2022 14:00 PM
City: Chapel Hill, Tennessee
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
WORKING AT UNITED:
Working at United is more than just a job, it's being a part of something bigger. United employees make a difference in our communities by providing our neighbors with an opportunity to run a business, communicate with family and friends across the world, and access unlimited resources. United also builds opportunities for our employees to develop professionally, grow their careers, and use their skills to help others
Seize your career opportunity and help build opportunities for others by joining United's team!
- Family-oriented culture
- Competitive wages
- Affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K match
- Paid holidays, accrued vacation and sick days
- Opportunities for career growth through company-paid training and development
- and much more!
This position is responsible for a variety of IT duties ranging from IT Help Desk support, ongoing technical assistance, system maintenance, asset management, and software installations/configuration/customization. Additional responsibilities include occasional project work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include the following, but other duties may be assigned as required.
- Efficiently and effectively resolve internal IT help desk requests
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues in our internal environment
- Ensure standardization of configuration and operation for end-user computer operating systems
- Maintain asset and inventory tracking
- Manage shelf stock of equipment
- Image and prepare equipment for deployment
- Assist with hardware recycling
- Install and test new peripherals as needed
JOB QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
Education, Experience, Training, and Licenses:
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related field or relevant equivalent experience
- Minimum of one year s experience providing tier one support for medium to the large user base
- Valid TN driver s license and acceptable driving record
Skills, Knowledge, and Personal Qualifications:
- Ability to consistently provide a painless customer service - striving for one-touch resolution
- Approach issues with patience and positivity to produce results
- Participate in the IT Team environment to support one another and improve processes when possible
- Approach role and responsibilities by putting the needs of others first
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot root causes and solve problems efficiently
- Possess active listening skills and work well with a diverse group of technical and non-technical users
- Must have the interpersonal skills needed to work in a team environment to complete complex tasks
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with a strong focus on core responsibilities
- Motivated to continuously improve both technical and soft skills.
ABOUT UNITED COMMUNICATIONS:
Headquartered in Franklin, TN. with operations offices in Chapel Hill, TN., United is a leading provider of advanced communications services in Middle Tennessee, providing residents and businesses with high-speed Internet, digital TV and phone service. United operates a state-of-the-art fiber optic network and was one of the first companies in Tennessee to introduce a Fiber-to-the-Home product to residential customers. United prides itself on providing friendly local customer service and technical support to its customers living in Williamson and Marshall Counties and the surrounding areas (College Grove, Chapel Hill, Unionville, Fosterville, Estill Springs, Belfast, Flat Creek, Nolensville and portions of Brentwood)
WORKING AT UNITED:
United has been a part of Middle Tennessee for over 74 years. We re a local company that believes in the power of community - community among our employees, our owners, and our customers. This belief drives us to do the very best we can for our employees and our customers. United serves some of the most attractive areas to live and raise a family in the South, serving large portions of Davidson, Williamson, and Marshall Counties, all neighboring communities to Nashville. Williamson County is the fastest growing county in the state and has the best school district in Tennessee, while Nashville is among the fastest-growing cities in the United States, according to data released recently by the U.S. Census Bureau. With a strong entrepreneurial spirit, coupled with the music and entertainment industries, Nashville has a vibrant "creative class" that helps make it an exciting place to live, work and build a growing business.
United Communications offers a comprehensive benefits package, challenging work environment, and exciting opportunities for advancement. Come join this fast-growing company with a strong tradition of service and a focus on innovation.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.