RN Pre-Op/PACU - #99942
Lake Granbury Medical Center
Date: 04/19/2022 14:30 PM
City: Granbury, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Registered Nurse RN Pre-Op/PACU
What We Are Looking For
Lake Granbury Medical Center’s PACU Department is now hiring a Registered Nurse PRE-OP/PACU to work in our thriving 73 bed acute care hospital. RN is responsible for implementing the Post Anesthesia Care record, nursing care plan and the assimilation of the patient’s hospital record Lake Granbury Medical Center and Ambulatory Surgery Center.
What You Will Do
The PACU RN is responsible for implementing all physician orders, providing for the continuity and quality nursing care for all patients, with continual evaluation of the patient’s condition, providing patient safety comfort, and privacy at all times. The Pre-Op /PACU RN may assist the anesthesia physicians with regional nerve blocks as needed.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organization habits
- Ability to adapt to change quickly
- Strong knowledgebase relative to surgery procedures and management of the surgical patient
- Understands principles of aseptic technique and their implementation
- Ability to care for patients from pediatric to geriatrics
- Excellent teaching skills
- Associate’s degree from an accredited school of nursing
- Currently certified as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
- Two (2) years of bedside experience in an acute hospital setting
- Current BCLS
- Must obtain ACLS, PALS, and NIH stroke certification within 3 months of hire date
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Previous Pre-Op/PACU, PCU or ICU experience
- Call is required. Must respond within 30 minutes.
Who We Are
Lake Granbury Medical Center is your community healthcare provider; a 73-bed facility providing complete medical care and advanced surgical procedures to Hood, Somervell, and Erath County residents. We are accredited by the Joint Commission and boast an accredited Chest Pain Center, Sleep Lab and radiology program.
We believe in the power of people to create great care. We’re 116 healthcare professionals strong. We are located in the center of Hood County to better serve you. And we work hard every day to be a place of healing, caring and connection for patients and families in the community we call home.
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay + Shift Differentials
- Medical (BCBS), Dental (Delta Dental), Vision (VSP)
- Critical Illness, Short and Long Term Disability
- Company paid Life Insurance
- CHS Hospital Discount
- Matching 401(k)
- Education Assistance
- Bedside Nursing Loan Repayment
- Opportunities for career advancement
Founded in 1860, Granbury has a population of just under 8,000 and is located 35 miles southwest of downtown Fort Worth and 60 miles southwest of Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. Small town living with many activities for families and singles alike. Lake Granbury offers water recreation for the whole family including Granbury City Beach Park. Located one mile from the Historic Granbury Square is the Brazos Drive-In Theatre, the longest continually running drive-in in Texas.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.