Summer Employee - #99986
East Kentucky Power Cooperative
Date: 04/19/2022 15:00 PM
City: Somerset, Kentucky
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Summer Student Job Applications Being Accepted
EKPC is accepting applications for currently enrolled high school and college students for summer employment at Cooper, Spurlock, Bluegrass, and J.K. Smith Stations. There will be six positions at Cooper, six positions at Spurlock, two positions at Bluegrass and four positions at J.K. Smith. These positions will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
All candidates are subject to the following requirements:
- Senior in high school or enrolled in college for the fall semester
- At least 18 years of age
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Child of a working EKPC parent, full-time NESCO/The Job Shop employee (working at EKPC) or child of an Owner-Member employee
- Child cannot be in reporting relationship to parent
- Successful drug screen completion (scheduled and paid for by EKPC at point of offer)
- Candidates must wear steel-toe boots and 100% cotton clothing (not provided); PPE including hard hat, non-prescription safety glasses and hearing protection are provided.
- Work Schedule: Mon – Fri (weekly) – 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Employment period: May thru August
- No overtime is allowed
Applications must be submitted online during the posting period of April 19, 2022 – April 28, 2022 at http://www.ekpc.coop/work-ekpc.
**The initial posting on April 19, will occur at around 7:00 a.m. The initial posting time cannot be determined exactly, therefore, we appreciate your patience. Applications will only be accepted through our website and will require the attachment of a resume.
Applicants will receive an email confirmation that their application was submitted successfully. If applicants do not receive this email, please contact Tina Lewis at (859) 745-9365 for assistance. If applicants wish to apply at more than one plant, a new application will need to be submitted for each location.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.