International Financial Accountant - #99989
The Christian and Missionary Alliance
Date: 04/19/2022 15:00 PM
City: Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Salary: $43,806 - $56,310 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA) is seeking an experienced International Financial Accountant. This is a full-time position located in Reynoldsburg, Ohio. This position works under the direction of the Director for Envision and is responsible for providing accounting support to Envision sites. In the performance of these duties, this position will support the overall mission of the C&MA as described below.
- Provides financial oversight, management and fiscal control of assigned Alliance Mission Structural (Fund) within general ledger and supporting systems
- Supervises, trains and develops Regional Bookkeeper
- Manages Alliance Mission Structural receipt and disbursement processing
- Reviews, approves, and processes bank wires and foreign exchange purchases for teams and fields
- Assists in the continued development and maintenance of the field audit program by developing procedures, researching best-practices, ad by designing audit tools, training programs, schedules, and strategies
- Exercises independent discretion and judgment involving financial matters
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills and decision-making in a fast-paced, constantly changing international missional environment
- Conducts worker training in accounting, cash sheet management, computer-related financial/operational systems and C&MA/Alliance Missions policies and procedures
- Provides accounting support including facilitation of: general ledger journal entries, account reconciliations, disbursement of funds, receipt of revenues, financial research, budget reporting, individual worker accounts, expense reimbursements, purchase-card reconciliations, maintenance of general ledger and financial reporting systems
- Receives cash sheet and other electronic data files from sites; reviews monthly entries prepared by Regional Bookkeeper; generates and reviews financial reports as required by Director for Envision and Director for International Accounting
- Designs specialized financial reports
- Supports and assists with development of technological systems
- Troubleshoots financial and operational system problems
- Manages, coordinates and participates in the annual budgeting process for Envision and sites by:
- Working with and coaching site coordinators to create and implement budgets
- Providing oversight and accountability for the finances of the sites
- Ensuring that appropriate financial record keeping is being done at all site locations, including site trips
- Conducting internal audits of sites, assisting sites with preparation for external audits; coordinating information required for C&MA consolidated audit reporting
- Reviewing Envision site financial policies and procedures and making recommendations for changes as necessary
- Requires approximately 10% of travel per year
The Christian and Missionary Alliance (The Alliance, the C&MA) was birthed in 1887 from a vision of Pastor A. B. Simpson in New York City, who became heartbroken over the plight of the homeless, the immigrant, and the marginalized. Today, we share his passion to offer tangible help and lasting hope to the world’s neediest people.
We believe that from the beginning of time, God set in motion a loving plan for humanity that is carried out in each of us through the redemptive work of Jesus Christ. We believe the best way to see this plan fulfilled is by extending His love to those who have yet to experience it.
Through 2,000 churches in the United States and 700 workers in 70 countries, we pay forward the love of Jesus to suffering and overlooked people in our communities and throughout the world through a wide variety of developmental and compassionate care projects and initiatives.
Because the C&MA is a Christ-centered global movement, we place a high value on employing a diverse, multicultural workforce to accomplish His Great Commission. Accordingly, we will be proactive throughout our hiring process to embrace and cultivate racial and ethnic diversity among our U.S. National Office staff.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 1 – 2 years of college preferred
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a similar job
- Salary range $43,806 to 56,310 per year
- Health plan (medical/dental/vision/HSA)
- Life Insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with a percentage of employer matching
- Retirement grant
- Long-Term disability
- Paid time off (vacation/holidays/personal days)
- Sick time (accrues, with additional extended illness bank for rollover hours)
- Other paid leave (compassionate care, jury duty, parental, etc.)
- Employee assistance program
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.