Medical Staff Credentialing Coordinator - #99990
Lompoc Valley Medical Center
Date: 04/19/2022 15:00 PM
City: Lompoc, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Medical Staff Credentialing Coordinator
- Reports to the Director of Administrative and Medical Staff Services
- Responsible for Medical Staff Services needs
- Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits
- Remains flexible to changing systems
- Must work well under stress and tight deadlines
- Must work well with directors, co-workers, and physicians.
- Supports the District Mission and Values
- Demonstrates Respect, Professionalism and Courtesy to all patients, visitors, other providers and coworkers, as delineated in the LVMC “Commitment to Care”
- Constantly uses C-I-CARE principles when communicating with others
- Maintains all principles of confidentiality according to District policy and as required by State and Federal agencies
- Follows guidelines and practices identified in the Employee Handbook
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities within the Admin/Med Staff offices
- Completes hospital-wide skills criteria annually
- Complies with annual PPD testing
- Maintains responsibility for own professional development.
- Performs/directs credentialing and privileging process according to CIHQ Accreditation Standards and organization requirements
- Maintains Physician call coverage calendars
- Monitors monthly “expirables”
- Maintains databases, Medical Staff Software, Excel
- Maintains confidentiality
- Records meeting minutes
- Assists in compliance with State and Federal regulations
- Assists in compliance of all aspects of continuing medical education
- Performs administrative duties as required by the department
- Performs other duties assigned by Director of Admin/Med Staff Service
- Works as a team player
- Possesses excellent computer skills
- Maintains positive personal interactions with directors, peers, and physicians
- Independently interprets and implements regulatory standards; communicates with medical staff, allied health practitioners, and other providers affiliated with organization.
- Accepts appropriate supervision.
- Education: High school diploma required; bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience: Prefer two years’ experience in physician credentialing per accreditation standards
- Certifications: CPCS certification from the National Association of Medical Staff Services preferred
- Skills/Ability: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments and follow through with accuracy, exercise good judgment, demonstrates initiative, emotional stability, and the ability to work as a member of a team.
- LVMC reserves the right to modify the minimum requirements depending on the needs of the organization
Location: Lompoc Valley Medical Center · Administration Department
Schedule: Full Time, Day Shift, As scheduled.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.